Friday, January 8, 2010

But where do you live?

Ever been to someone's immaculately groomed house? I'm always envious at first. No whatnots or geegaws. No magazine stack or letter piles. No dishes in the sink, no coffee cups on the table or toys on the floor.

After the first bout of admiration fades, I begin to notice other things. No books on the end table. The fluffy towels are for guests (read: don't touch) and the pillow arrangement on the bed is so intimidating I don't feel comfortable resting there.

And I wonder, where do these people live? Do they drink and eat, read and sleep? Or is every action a chore, because the house must be meticulously maintained at all times?

Where do they live?

2 comments:

  1. I agree... I don't like those kind of houses... It always feels kind of eerie to be there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get a little nervous in a house without books. It makes me wonder, what do they do with their time? :-)

    ReplyDelete