Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The bomb

We had a major emotional blow up this morning. Tears, screaming, time spent in room to calm down.

Over a shirt.

I can't tell you how demoralizing that was. Normally, I'm thrilled my kids can and will dress themselves. But my older daughter picked out a shirt that a.) was too big and b.) did not meet dress code.

The fight was on. I literally had to yank it off her. And then - being in a snit - she refused other clothes. Many options were given. All were rejected.

Why does it have to be so hard to simply get ready to go somewhere?

1 comment:

  1. I actually brought my daughter to school once in her shirt and underwear because she refused all the pants she owned. She wanted a specific pair of shorts that were in the laundry.
    I brought 2 pairs of pants with me. She ended up picking one and putting them on in the van in the parking lot.
    I don't know if that was my most shining mom moment, but I was tired of signing her in late.
    She's a first grader. :)

    ReplyDelete