Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The purge

Summer's the best time: Hot weather should mean lazy days by the pool. With school out and kids to entertain, this is the season when my business slows down. That's my promise to my kids. Summer is ours.

We hike, we swim, we read and we play. Hard. Laundry piles amass while the dishes sit in the sink until lunch. Cleaning comes at the end of the day, when those long, orange rays of sun barely push through the windows.

This is my favorite time of year. I purge the chores and clients and to-do lists. I only take on what I have to; the other nine-and-a-half months of the year offer plenty of time for ambition and stringent schedules. Right now, I'm playing with my kids. And that's better than any assignment.

Who will you make memories with today?

No comments:

Post a Comment