Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Airing my dirty laundry


Yes, I hide my laundry. And if you've ever been to my house, you're part of the conspiracy. I graciously tuck all of my unmentionables out of sight and you pretend not to notice the cobwebs, the bulging doors, and the hastily stacked mail on the end table.

The problem is, I'm not willing to give up one of my projects to do housework.

When I first imagined staying home with the kids, it was going to be so much easier. Sure, we'd always have fresh laundry because I'd be home to do it. I didn't count on an active three year old and an infant who spends so much time on my hip she thinks she's attached. (Pause to pick something out of the baby's mouth.)

So OK. I resolve today to stop worrying about it. And if you don't mind my mess, I won't mind yours either.

My three things I'm going to do for myself today:

1. Lunch with a friend

2. A coffee drink

3. 10 quiet minutes to daydream

What about you? Do you have any resolutions? And what three things will you do for yourself today?

No comments:

Post a Comment