Monday, July 13, 2009

Making the list

Lists are a very important part of my life. When I was little, my mom would carefully print a chores list every Saturday morning. This was our blueprint for the day. And when we were finished ... freedom.

It's a habit I've carried over through my professional and home life. I like seeing everything spelled out in neat print. Somehow it isn't real to me until I've written it down.

What doesn't always make the list, though, is the stuff for me. I forget to write "enjoy a cup of coffee on the patio" next to "drop off the dry cleaning." The grocery shopping makes the list, but reading a good book doesn't.

So sometimes it's fun to go AWOL. Like today. I consumed a book. Read it all. It was delicious. And I didn't touch my list. Time for that tomorrow, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment