Friday, August 21, 2009

Date night

Last night my husband and I went to the movies. We rarely go - just the two of us - so this was a special treat. Julie and Julia was charming, a nice balance of comedy and emotion. Probably a chick flick but no Bridget Jones' Diary.

I love getting to sit next to my man, holding hands and hearing him laugh. The stress of the day slides for our shoulders as deadlines, kids' behavior and whether we're making the right choice in bringing a big dog into our home melt away with the scene of bruschetta.

The worries were there this morning. But for a night, we were able to forget our responsibilities and simply enjoy the moment. Yes, we should do this more. But until the next time, I'll savor the fleeting moments of this date night.

No comments:

Post a Comment