Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Dust and clean

My dirty little secret? I hire a babysitter. Three or four hours a week, in the middle of the day. It's my gotta-make-that-phone-call, serious concentration time.

What always amuses me about the experience is my need to have the house spanking clean before the babysitter arrives. I spend three or four hours sweeping, mopping, sorting, and dusting so I can get three or four hours for myself.

I can't decide what I think about that, but I will say this. It is nice to end the day with a house that just got a face lift.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing! Yesterday, I had a good friend bring her two kids over. I told her beforehand my house was a mess but then I straightened and swept it clean just in times for the kids to invade and strew toys throughout. Ah well, those three minutes of clean were rather blissful.

    ReplyDelete