Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lookin' good is the best revenge

We've had a heck of a few nights around our house recently. Thunderstorms and nightmares have wreaked a little havoc on the natural rhythm of our sleep schedules. And this morning, finally, I gave into the grumpiness. With a full day scheduled ahead of us, I knew I had to do something for myself: stat.

So I grabbed my trusty eyeliner and my hair curler. No, really. I don't think I'm the only one who gets really jazzed when I feel like I'm looking my best. And it really has a way of perking you up.

Consider this: You've heard the oft spread advice about smiling when you don't feel good and how it often has a lifting effect on your spirits. I contend that looking good has similar results. Case in point: I felt like poop, but I didn't want to look like it.

So a new outfit, a little make up and some hair spray, and I turned my frowns to smiles. As my husband says to my son, "Don't let a frown be your umbrella." Instead, reach for the face cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment