Thursday, August 27, 2009

Food fights

My just turned 1 year old just wants to nurse. No carrots, peaches, or peas, thank you very much. It's an interesting problem. She's definitely more dependent on me. And I get lots of good cuddle time. But I also spend a lot of time talking to her pediatrician, a lactation consultant, and anyone else who can offer a little insight.

You may have noticed the formula companies are now marketing a product for 1 to 2 year olds. So maybe a nearly full time nursing 1 year old isn't too odd. And I'm trying not to compare her too much to her older brother, who lost interest in nursing before he reached his 15th month. But I do sometimes fondly remember the experience of no being tied to child or breast pump.

So we will continue to offer tantalizing bits to tease her taste buds and let her choose her own path to becoming an eating toddler.

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment