Thursday, August 6, 2009

I will not shave my legs

I admit it. I hate shaving. It's liking mopping the floor; within minutes dark splotches mar the pristine cleanliness (faster if I got a chill, which was pretty much as soon as I stepped out of the shower). But I'm from the South, and by the time I was four, I understood that women do not leave their home without being completely decked out. That means hair is neatly in place, makeup is perfect and legs are shaved.

Here's my secret: Epilady. When I got pregnant with my second child, I was looking for a way to remove unwanted hair that didn't involve chemicals or puncturing a lung while trying to bend over the basketball my middle had become. Epilady was my comprise. Now, nearly four year later, I get the little gizmo out about once a month. My legs simply don't need touching up more than that. For which I say Hallelujah! There are way more important things I need to do. Like mop the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment