Thursday, August 27, 2009

Just a little patience...

Yeah. The song by Guns N' Roses has been running through my head all morning. It's been a trying week: We adopted a dog Saturday, the kids went back to school, my husband has multiple major deadlines and I had to finish up a big project on Tuesday. So patience - and a clean house - have been in short supply. Hence my preoccupation with Axl Rose.

The sad part is I'm stressed about good things. We have enough work to pay our bills, our kids are in safe, educational environments and our new puppy will offer years of love, affection and protection. What would I do if there really was something to be stressed about? It's a question I have to stop and ask myself often. My kids are healthy - I have a few friends with very sick children. My husband and I enjoy each others' company - I have friends in rocky or failing marriages. Life is good; in fact, it could be a whole lot worse. So, Axl, I'm going to keep on humming your tune until it sinks in. Just a little patience....yeah.....

No comments:

Post a Comment