Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm sick ... again

And this time it isn't a little ole cold. It's serious. Possibly terminal.

It might take another 40 years, but without health care reform--with a viable public option--I'm just not gonna make it. None of us will.

Whatever your political persuasion, I know you value your loved ones. We all want our families to get the best care. And who can argue that the current health care system is really working?

I know it's confusing. There's a lot of banter going back and forth, but I'm pretty sure you can't find a congressperson who will say costs aren't too high, there aren't too many people uninsured, and a life-threatening medical illness doesn't have the potential to send anyone into financial ruin.

So here's what I'm asking. You don't have to agree with the plan out there right now, but if you do want health care reform, it's time to speak out. I'm terrified we're gonna miss this chance. And I won't be the only one feeling sick over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment